Hundreds of armed police patrolled the streets of Tunisia's beach resorts on Sunday and the government said it will deploy hundreds more inside hotels after the militant attack in Sousse that killed 39 foreigners.
The massacre has been called the worst assault of its kind in modern Tunisian history. Authorities had earlier announced plans to deploy armed security officers along the coast and inside hotels from July 1 and to shut down 80 mosques accused of inciting extremism.
The U.K. has issued travel warnings for parts of Tunisia.
In updated travel advice, the British Foreign Office urged those who remained in Tunisia to be vigilant and said there was a risk of further incidents.