Supporters of terrorist PKK detained after attacking Swedish police


PKK supporters in Europe attacked police and Turkish protestors in Sweden during a demonstration that degenerated into violent clashes on Monday, Sept. 14.

Thirteen people were arrested, two for assaulting a person who had to be taken to the hospital in the incident in Stockholm, Sweden.

A video of the incident released on YouTube shows protestors attacking police officers with stones and sticks. The video shows PKK supporters call Sweden and Swedish police "terrorist," comparing them to the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS).

PKK supporters also clashed with both security officials and Turks in Bern, Switzerland on Saturday, Sept. 12.

PKK supporters attacked a meeting organized by the Union for Turkish Democracy in Europe (UETD) to protest PKK terror with stones and sticks while hiding their identities.

As police intervened with plastic bullets and tear gas, PKK sympathizers also attacked a Turkish citizen with sticks, who was later taken to the hospital and whose car windows were broken.

"Terrorism has no religion or nationality. Nobody will be able to turn Turks into enemies with Kurds and vice-versa," UETD Switzerland Chairman Murat Şahin said in a speech during the protest.

He added: "The PKK and other terrorist groups should know well that they cannot split our national unity and fraternity. We are an indivisible whole with Turks, Kurds, Arabs, Circassians, Bosniaks and Georgians. The unity and fraternity that we displayed today is a manifestation of this."

Also on Sept. 10, at least 25 masked PKK supporters damaged cars and tried to force their way into a Turkish mosque in northwestern Germany, leaving behind PKK slogans, police in Germany said. Police in Bielefeld detained one man after Thursday's attack and it is detected that a nearby building thought to be used by the Turkish ultra-nationalist organization, the Grey Wolves – Ülkü Ocakları" in Turkish – was covered with PKK slogans.

Turkey has also seen protests of PKK terror concerning attacks by the terrorist organization's sympathizers following the breakdown of the cease-fire between the state and the PKK in July.

On Sept. 11, the number of civilians killed in PKK attacks rose to 21, as the PKK attacked police officers having breakfast at a restaurant in southeastern Diyarbakır province and killed Şeyhmus Sanır, 22, a waiter, reportedly of Kurdish origin.

They also killed a doctor working in Diyarbakır's Kulp district allegedly to prevent health services from helping locals. According to a statement from the Health Ministry, three health officials have been killed in PKK attacks. Health official Eyüp Ergin, pharmacist Yunus Koca and Dr. Abdullah Biroğul died in PKK attacks.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter