Istanbul's Atatürk International Airport saw a record-breaking 1,424 flights take-off and land three days after last week's terror attack, Transport Minister Ahmet Arslan said Monday.
Speaking at the airport, Arslan said the previous record was exceeded on Friday following Tuesday's gun and bomb attack that killed 45 people and wounded more than 200.
"It was the record of Atatürk Airport," he said. "Again yesterday and today we had air traffic of around 1,380 planes."
At least 45 people were killed, more than 200 injured Tuesday last week in a triple suicide bombing and gun attack at Istanbul's main Atatürk airport, in the latest deadly strike to rock Turkey's most-populated city, which had many similarities with the deadly attacks carried out in Brussels in March.
Police in Istanbul and İzmir conducted a series of raids on Thursday in various parts of the city as part of operations targeting Daesh terrorists and detained at least 20 suspects following the Brussels-style attacks.
The suspected suicide bombers were Russian, Uzbek and Kyrgyz nationals.
Located just outside Turkey's biggest city, Atatürk airport served more than 60 million passengers in 2015, making it one of the busiest in the world.
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.