Number of Russian tourists up in February

DAILY SABAH
ISTANBUL
Published 31.03.2017 23:26

The number of Russian visitors to Turkey increased by 95.58 percent compared to February 2016.

Following the political crisis the country experienced with Germany, the decline in the number of German tourists stood at 30 percent for February, while the number of tourists from the Netherlands decreased by 24.8 percent in the same period.

According to Arriving-Departing Visitors, Foreigners and Citizens statistics prepared by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism with temporary data received from the General Directorate of Security, the number of foreigners visiting Turkey in February decreased by 6.51 percent compared to the same month in 2016, reaching approximately 1.2 million.

In February, the largest number of foreign visitors came from Georgia with 140,463 tourists in total, followed by Iran with 130,596 visitors. While long-term tourists constituted 99.69 percent of the foreign visitors to Turkey in February, overnight tourists covered the remaining 0.31 percent.

The number of visitors fell to 2.2 million during the January-February period, an 8.12 percent decrease compared to the same period last year.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter