Turkish security forces continue to evacuate civilians in southeastern Diyarbakir province's Sur district, where an anti-PKK operation continues, security sources said Thursday.
According to the sources, security forces evacuated a total of 43 people, including children and women as well as injured people within the last 24 hours in the district.
The injured civilians were taken to hospital, the sources said.
Eleven civilians, including three women were also evacuated Wednesday.
Turkey's southeast has been the scene of significant military operations since December 2015 against the PKK-designated as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and the EU-which renewed its armed campaign against the Turkish state in late July 2015.
Since then, more than 280 security forces personnel have been martyred and thousands of PKK terrorists killed in operations across Turkey and northern Iraq.
to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the
used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan
ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen