PM Yıldırım warns countries of FETÖ threat, urges action

DAILY SABAH
Istanbul
Published 19.08.2016 21:39

Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım warned countries that allow the Gülenist Terror Group (FETÖ) to open schools, saying that the FETÖ could pose a similar threat to them as it does to Turkey.

Speaking to diplomats in Ankara late on Thursday, Yıldırım said that the FETÖ is not transparent and has activities around the world that pose a grave threat. "I will give you a friendly suggestion. If you do not take measures against it, it may become the biggest threat to your countries," Yıldırım said, adding that the FETÖ's lack of transparency is a crucial problem. Yıldırım said FETÖ should not be allowed to stage similar coups in other countries as it did in Turkey on July 15. He also addressed the U.S., reiterating his call for FETÖ leader Fethullah Gülen's extradition. Yıldırım said that Ankara's requests from the U.S. should be honored. "We have a bilateral agreement. We want what we have as a right," he said.

Last week, Yıldırım had said that the U.S. cannot stall the process. "There can be no compromising on bringing the terrorist leader [Gülen] to justice in Turkey." "After the price Turkey paid – we have more than 240 dead, more than 2,195 injured, not to mention the social, psychological and financial damage.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter