The private sector's short-term foreign debt - debt that must be paid in the next 12 months -rose to $19 billion as of February, up $1.4 billion from the end of December 2017, the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey (CBRT) announced yesterday.
The sector's long-term foreign debt also climbed $6.8 billion to $228 billion over the same period, the bank said.
Data showed financial institutions' liabilities constituted 51 percent of all long-term loans, while the liabilities of non-financial institutions were the remaining 49 percent. More than half of the private sector's long-term debt is in dollars, at 58.2 percent, with 35.1 percent in euros and 5 percent in Turkish lira. Some 50.4 percent of short-term debt is in dollars, followed by 27.4 percent in euros, and 21.1 percent in Turkish lira.
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.