"Mucize" (Miracle), the fourth movie directed by Turkish singer, actor and director Mahsun Kırmızıgül, broke the record best box-office opening in 2014-15 winter season with 642,187 viewers in its first week in theaters.
According to Turkish news channel NTV's report, Mucize also doubled down "The Water Diviner" (Son Umut) of Oscar-winning actor Russell Crowe, which also features Cem Yılmaz and Yılmaz Erdoğan, famous Turkish comedians and actors.
2014 was a year of records for Turkish theaters, as the number of viewers increased by 28 percent to 57 million and box offices revenues increased to 606 million TL ($259,92 million). A total of 105 Turkish movies produced in 2014 received the biggest share of views with a record of 34 million viewers.
The top ten Turkish movies of 2014, based on viewer numbers, are as follows:
1) Recep İvedik 4 (Şahan Gökbakar, directed by Togan Gökbakar): 7.369 million
2) Eyyvah Eyvah 3 (Demet Akbağ, Ata Demirer, directed by Hakan Algül): 3.414 million
3) Düğün Dernek (Ahmet Kural, Murat Cemcir, directed by Selçuk Aydemir): 2.889 million (6.962 million total viewers with December 2013)
4) Pek Yakında (Cem Yılmaz, directed by Cem Yılmaz): 2.183 million
5) Unutursam Fısılda (Farah Zeynep Abdullah, Mehmet Günsür, Kerem Bursin, directed by Çağan Irmak): 1.658 million
6) Birleşen Gönüller (Hande Soral, Serkan Şenalp, directed by Hasan Kıraç): 1.542 million
7) Deliha (Gupse Özay, directed by Hakan Algül): 1.456 million
8) İncir Reçeli 2 (Halil Sezai Paracıklıoğlu, Şafak Pekdemir, directed by Aytaç Ağırlar): 1.378 million
9) Patron Mutlu Son İstiyor (Tolga Çevik, Ezgi Mola, directed by Kıvanç Baruönü): 1.297 million
10) Mandıra Filozofu (Müfit Can Saçıntı, Rasim Öztekin, directed by Müfit Can Saçıntı): 955 thousand