- Like Islam, Bogomilism repudiated tenets of Christianity.
- The Bogomils opposed the dogma of the church, they appealed for the virtues of early Christianity and the Gospels.
- The early Bogomils rejected the Old Testament.
- The Trinity was considered to be delusional and rejected.
- The cross was considered evil, as an instrument used to kill Christ. They asked, "If someone killed the king's son with a piece of wood, do you think the king would regard the weapon as holy?"
- Bogomil dualism taught that to be united with God, they must disregard the material world.
- There was no veneration of Mary and no belief in her as "Mother of God."
- The Bogomils rejected monasticism and were iconoclasts.
- The Bogomils believed that God, not Jesus, would execute the final judgment.
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.