Football giants Barcelona are now involved in transfer talks for Turkish national Arda Turan according to Catalan newspapers on Tuesday. According to the local media outlets, the amount Barcelona put aside for the Turkish winger has been said to be 41 million euros.
Newspapers in Spain are said to have recieved this information from local Catalan radio. Media sources reported, Barcelona's coach Luis Enrique had been closely watching the winger. The coach had wanted Arda Turan on his team and demanded the club to transfer Turan from Atletico Madrid where he has been playing since 2011.
It was earlier reported by Mundo Deportivo, Barca's 52-year-old president has tied up a deal for the Atletico Madrid midfielder after agreeing to meet his 41 million euro release clause on the basis of his "crack" status.
It is also understood that Arda was specifically requested by Enrique after Aleix Vidal, who completed his switch to Camp Nou earlier in June.
Arda quickly emerged as a key player at the Vicente Calderon following his move from Galatasaray in 2011 but was recently singled out for criticism by Diego Simeone. He would be the second Turkish player to join Barca after former Fenerbahce goalkeeper Rüştü Reçber in 2003.