Running tips for newbies
- Start each run with a warm-up of about five minutes. This can be quick walking, knee lifts and climbing stairs.
- Regular running for beginners means getting out at least twice a week. Your running skills will improve as your body adapts to the consistent training stimulus.
- Running twice a week or every week, is better than to run half a dozen times one week.
- Join a running club. A running club is the perfect way to commit to running regularly. Most clubs have running groups for different levels, including beginners. In Istanbul, aside from the Nike Run Club, there are also a number of running clubs newbies, "Team Istanbul Running Academy," "Istanbul Koşu Kuvvetleri" (Istanbul Running Forces), "Adım Adım Koşu" (Running Step-by-Step) and the exclusively female group "Bu Kızlar Nereye Koşuyor."
- Record all your running activities to see your achievements.
- Remember, regular running can reduce the risk of chronic illnesses, like heart disease, Type-2 diabetes and stroke. It can also boost mood and help keep weight under control.
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.