Netflix said Friday night that Kevin Spacey will no longer be a part of "House of Cards" and it's cutting all other ties with the actor after a series of allegations of sexual harassment and assault.
"Netflix will not be involved with any further production of 'House of Cards' that includes Kevin Spacey," the company said in a statement.
Netflix said it will work with the show's production company MRC to evaluate whether it will continue without him.
The 58-year-old Spacey was nominated for best drama actor Emmy Awards during each of the show's first five seasons, but never won. He played a ruthless politician who ascends to the presidency of the United States. Co-star Robin Wright is also a central player on the show, and it could conceivably continue with a focus on her.
Production on the show had already been suspended on Tuesday.
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.