Hamas hails refusal of slain teen's family to accept Israeli condolences

AA
GAZA CITY
Published 08.07.2014 12:04
Hamas hails refusal of slain teen's family to accept Israeli condolences

Resistance group Hamas has hailed the family of a Palestinian teen – who was kidnapped and killed by suspected Jewish settlers last week – for refusing to accept Israel's condolences.

"Hamas hails the refusal of Abu Khdeer's family to accept condolences from the killer occupiers," Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said in a Monday press statement.

Abu Khdeer, 16, was abducted from outside his home in East Jerusalem last Wednesday. His charred body was found later the same day in a forest near Jerusalem.

On Monday, his family said they had refused to receive Israeli President Shimon Peres, who had come to East Jerusalem's Shuafat village to offer Israel's condolences.

Israeli police have arrested six suspects in connection with the murder. According to Israeli media, the suspects include a rabbi, his two sons, and three Jewish extremists.

Footage taken from a security camera near the slain boy's home showed what appeared to be Jewish settlers abducting him.

In the footage, the kidnappers can be seen forcing him into their car before speeding off.

Preliminary autopsy reports revealed that he had been burnt alive by his abductors.

On Monday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu phoned the slain teen's father.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter