Majority of participants in a recent IE Research poll did not support main opposition Republican People's Party (CHP) Chairman Kılıçdaroğlu's justice march.
More than 53.5 percent of participants in the survey said they did not support the march while 42.8 percent said they did and 3.6 percent declined to answer.
The survey also found that at least 93 percent of people who voted for the April 16 referendum did not support Kılıçdaroğlu's justice march and the remaining 7 percent of the yes voters did.
Among those who voted against the referendum, 85 percent were in favor of the march and 15 percent were against it.
In terms of political preferences, 87.5 percent of the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) supporters in the survey said they did not support the march, compared to some 9.7 percent of AK Party supporters who said they supported it. Some 2.7 percent of AK Party supporters did respond.
The survey found that almost 13 percent of CHP supporters were against the march and 87.3 percent of CHP party supporters backed Kılıçdaroğlu's trek from capital Ankara to Istanbul. About 8 percent of them said that they did not support the march and 4.4 percent of the participants declined to answer.
Even though the pro-PKK Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) openly supported the march, the survey found that 14.2 percent of participating HDP supporters were against it.
The survey found that the majority of opposition Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) supporters were also against the march, with more than 50 percent against it.
Some 42.8 of the MHP supporters, however, said they supported Kılıçdaroğlu's justice march and 7.2 percent declined to answer.
The 68-year-old CHP leader embarked on a 430-kilometer journey on June 15 after CHP Deputy Enis Berberoğlu was sentenced to 25 years in prison in the controversial National Intelligence Organization (MİT) trucks case from January 2014. The march ended with a rally in Istanbul on Sunday.
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.