P W D L F A Pts
Benfica 5 2 3 0 7 4 9Q
Manchester United 5 2 3 0 10 6 9
Basel 5 2 2 1 9 9 8
Otelul Galati 5 0 0 5 3 10 0
Top scorer: Alex Frei (Basel) 4 Qualifying chances: Benfica have qualified because their results against United and Basel put them in a position where their two rivals cannot both overtake them. The other qualifying place comes down to the last match between Basel and United. Basel must win. United need only draw.
BASEL v MANCHESTER UNITED
Head-to-head record Played: 3 Wins: United 1, draws 2 Previous matches CL: GP2 26/11/02 Basel 1 Manchester United 3 12/03/03 Manchester United 1 Basel 1 CL: GP 27/09/11 Manchester United 3 Basel 3
* Despite Basel's spirited 3-3 draw in the away game in Manchester, the Swiss club must be nervous of the decider at home where they have lost six of their last eight CL games.
* Basel have won only one of the 12 matches they have played against English opposition, a 2-0 victory over Middlesbrough in the UEFA Cup quarter-finals in 2006. They have lost six of the last eight against English teams.
* United are unbeaten in their last eight CL away games in which they have conceded just one goal in total. Six of those games were victories.
* Brazilian defender Fabio and Ecuadorean winger Antonio Valencia are the only United players to have started each of the five CL matches this season.
BENFICA v OTELUL GALATI
Head-to-head record Played: 1 Wins: Benfica 1 Previous match CL: GP 27/09/11 Otelul Galati 0 Benfica 1 * Benfica are unbeaten in their last eight European home games but drew both of their CL matches in Lisbon this season against Manchester United and Basel.
* Benfica have won their last four games against Romanian clubs and have lost just one in 11 altogether, going down 1-0 to Dinamo Bucharest at home in the 1999-2000 UEFA Cup.
* Otelul are still without a point in their debut CL season and have not won any of their last nine European games.
* Otelul have lost seven of the nine European away games they have played, winning just once, a 4-1 win over Dinamo Tirana in the 2004-05 UEFA Cup. That remains their last win in Europe.
P W D L F A Pts
Real Madrid 5 5 0 0 16 2 15Q
Ajax Amsterdam 5 2 2 1 6 3 8
Olympique Lyon 5 1 2 2 2 6 5
Dinamo Zagreb 5 0 0 5 2 15 0
Top scorer: Karim Benzema (Real) 4 Qualifying chances: Real Madrid are already sure to top the group. Ajax look set to join them.
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.