At least 40 people were killed and scores injured Saturday in a new wave of regime and Russian airstrikes on the war-battered Aleppo city in northeastern Syria, according to a moderate civil defense official.
Najib al-Ansari said Russian and regime warplanes carried out several raids on moderate-held areas in eastern Aleppo.
"Forty civilians were killed and 180 others injured in the attacks," he told Anadolu Agency.
According to al-Ansari, civil defense teams were struggling to reach the bombed areas to search for survivors under the debris.
On Friday, around 40 people were killed in Russian bombardment of moderate-held areas in Aleppo.
Around 300,000 people live under a crippling siege in eastern Aleppo since September amid relentless airstrikes by regime forces and Russian allies.
On Friday, all hospitals in eastern Aleppo were forced to shut down as a result of the ongoing attacks by regime and Russian forces.
Syria has been locked in a devastating civil war since early 2011.
Since then, hundreds of thousands of people have been killed and millions more displaced by the conflict.
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.