The United States is working with Turkish officials to resume air operations at Incirlik Air Base "as soon as possible" after the Turkish government closed its airspace to military aircraft after a coup attempt, the Pentagon said on Saturday.
"In the meantime, U.S. Central Command is adjusting flight operations in the counter-ISIL campaign to minimize any effects on the campaign," Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said in a statement, using a different acronym for the Daesh terrorist group.
"U.S. facilities at Incirlik are operating on internal power sources and a loss of commercial power to the base has not affected base operations," he said.
Meanwhile on Sunday, 11 soldiers, including Incirlik Airbase commander General Bekir Ercan Van, and one police officer are now under arrest for complicity in Friday's coup attempt.
Later Saturday FM Çavuşoğlu announced that Turkey will resume its fight against Daesh with the US-led coalition from Incirlik Air Base once the anti-coup operations come to an end as some soldiers from the base were involved in the failed coup attempt.
The U.S. Consulate in Turkey said on Saturday that the İncirlik Air Base, which is used by the U.S.-led coalition to fight Daesh targets, had been sealed off and that the power had been cut off.
The consulate later on Saturday said that restrictions on movements on to and off of İncirlik Air Base were cut.