A Gülenist Terror Organization (FETÖ)-linked journalist implied the upcoming coup attempt on Twitter eight days before it happened.
Bülent Keneş, a former editor-in-chief and columnist at the English-language daily Today's Zaman, threatened people in a tweet and said that things will get worse.
Quoting a tweet which read: "Something will happen and this will not go as such anymore or we will be a country like Syria and Iraq, let's make our choice," on July 7 Keneş tweeted: "There is no good exit anymore! There is rather 'bad' 'worse' and 'the worst' exits! I shall call a coup as the 'bad' and you guess the rest of it."
In March, an Istanbul court ruled to appoint trustees to the Zaman and Today's Zaman newspapers, which are accused of supporting a criminal organization led by Fethullah Gülen. Zaman's Editor-in-Chief Abdülhamit Bilici and Keneş were fired.
Keneş was arrested in October of last year for insulting President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan on Twitter. Although he was released after four days, Istanbul Public Prosecutor Umut Tepe had demanded an arrest warrant for Keneş because of what he said. "They will regret releasing me, I will make them pay," Keneş said in a statement to journalists after the verdict.
Arrest warrants were issued on Monday for 42 journalists on the grounds that they are affiliated with the FETÖ after the failed coup attempt on July 15.
to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the
used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan
ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen