FETÖ's Israel imam helped key coup imam Öksüz flee

Published 17.08.2016 21:06

The Gülenist Terror Group's (FETÖ) coup imam, Adil Öksüz, who was at Akıncı Air Base where jets took off on the night of the coup, received help from the group's Israel imam at Istanbul's Sabiha Gökçen International Airport after being released by judges.

According to a report in the Güneş daily, Öksüz was greeted by a person at the airport after landing in Istanbul. A prosecutor had questioned Öksüz, who was then released by judges. The person who received Öksüz at the airport and helped him flee is reportedly FETÖ's Israel imam.

Newly revealed, undated footage shows Öksüz visiting the group's U.S.-based leader, Fethullah Gülen, at his Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania residence.

A new report of testimony from a detained putschist general in İzmir claimed further links between Öksüz and Gülenist factions in the military.

According to a report published by Al-Jazeera, Öksüz notified soldiers loyal to FETÖ of the July 15 coup attempt in a secret meeting in Ankara prior to the bloody coup attempt.

According to the testimony, a secret meeting was held in the Çukurambar neighborhood of Ankara during Ramadan Bayram attended by high-ranking military officials, including former Air Forces commander and mastermind of the coup attempt, Gen. Akın Öztürk, Vice Adm. Ömer Faruk Harmancık and Brig. Gen. Mehmet Partigöç.

"Between July 6 and July 10, they brought all the military officials who would take part in the coup attempt to Ankara and informed them about their involvement in the plot. Everyone came without their cellphones and we were asked to wear casual outfits to avoid attracting attention," the unnamed suspect said. Öksüz was an "imam" for Gülenists in the Turkish Air Forces. Imam is a term used to describe Gülen's point men in every field from law enforcement to the judiciary, who convey instructions they and other followers heed. Police searching Öksüz's room at a university discovered a cache of books Gülen wrote. The judiciary released Öksüz after his initial detention.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter