A recent survey on the issue of polarization in Turkey conducted by the Istanbul-based research company GENAR titled, "Social Structure and Polarization in Turkey" revealed that 91 percent of the Turkish people think that U.S.-based terror group leader Fetullah Gülen should be extradited to Turkey.
A total of 3,650 people from 27 cities, ages 18 and older, participated in the survey by conducting face-to-face interviews. According to the survey, 75.4 percent of people described themselves as pious and nationalist-conservatives while the remaining 24.6 percent indicated Kemalist and democratic affiliations.
Regarding questions about individual freedoms, around 80 percent of total participants said that they do not feel threatened in their way of life, while another 80 percent stated they are not afraid to profess their religious and ethnic identities. Moreover, almost 85 percent of the participants asserted that they are able to express their opinions freely in public.
On the other hand, when asked about the July 15 coup attempt, approximately 91 percent of the participants believed it was organized by the Gülenist Terrorist Organization (FETÖ). Moreover, more than half of both groups expressed that they believe FETÖ worked together with certain foreign powers. In addition, 91 percent of the total participants expressed that U.S.-based terror group leader Fetullah Gülen should be extradited to Turkey. Regarding the question of what they would do if there were another coup attempt, 85 percent of the participants said they would risk death and oppose the coup.
Finally, the issue of freedom in wearing a headscarf in public, the election of the Turkish president by popular vote and the lifting of immunity from the Democratic People's Party (HDP) deputies and the proposition to implement a presidential system are seen as factors contributing to social peace in Turkey at 82.5 percent, 78.4 percent, 71.5 percent and 55.9 percent of the total number of participants, respectively.
to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the
used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan
ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen