'Terrorist attack' at military base in Venezuela taken under control

COMPILED FROM WIRE SERVICES
ISTANBUL
Published 06.08.2017 15:31
Updated 06.08.2017 15:32
Members of the National Guard are seen outside the Public Prosecutor's office in Caracas on August 5, 2017 (AFP Photo)
Members of the National Guard are seen outside the Public Prosecutor's office in Caracas on August 5, 2017 (AFP Photo)

Venezuela official says there has been a "terrorist attack" at a military base and several arrests have been made.

Venezuela's Socialist Party deputy Diosdado Cabello said Sunday that an "irregular situation" he had earlier qualified as a "terrorist attack" in the city of Valencia had been controlled.

Earlier on Sunday, an online video showed a group of men in military uniforms saying they were launching an uprising against unpopular leftist President Nicolas Maduro. Witnesses said they heard gunshots through the night.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
DAILY SABAH RECOMMENDS