Turkish businessman Şahenk attributes Turkey’s success to political stability
Jan 26, 2012 - 12:00 am GMT+3
by Jan 26, 2012 12:00 am
Doğuş Group Executive Board Chairman Ferit Şahenk noted that Turkey has successfully survived the European crisis and states, “Turkey’s success is due to the political stability and the strong leadership of the nation’s politicians.”
"Turkey has embraced reforms and transformed. The country has switched from a state focused economy to a private sector focused economy. Certain businesses were provided the opportunity to transform. We have pulled through two or three crises and have learned how to manage a crisis."
Speaking at Davos, Şahenk expressed that Turkey has now reached more professional standards, "The factor that provides this dynamism: we are 80 percent professional, while the other 20 percent consists of flexibility and entrepreneurial spirit."