The fact that Turkey will continue to practice Daylight Savings Time (DST) in winter will lead to time differences between the Borsa Istanbul Stock Exchange and other stock markets in the world. Thus, Borsa Istanbul authorities announced that they would consider demands from its members and investors while determining new session hours.
According to a BloombergHT survey of 1,759 respondents concerning daylight savings time in the stock exchange, 62.34 percent did not support the idea of changing session hours, while the remaining 37.66 percent said they sided with the idea. Currently, transactions on the stock exchange start at 09:15 a.m. and end at 5:40 p.m. Reportedly, this winter time practice will lead to a decline in synchronization with foreign stock markets, resulting in a fall in transaction volume.
While European countries implement wintertime, Turkey's common transaction time with European markets will fall by one hour. Also, the Turkish stock market will have no opportunity to meet in a common transaction time with U.S. markets for five months during winter.
to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the
used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan
ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen