Daesh-linked suspect planning attack in Germany detained

DAILY SABAH WITH AGENCIES
ISTANBUL
Published 31.10.2017 10:22
Updated 31.10.2017 10:42
A special German police officer is pictured at the site where earlier a man injured several people in a knife attack in Munich, Germany, October 21, 2017 (Reuters Photo)
A special German police officer is pictured at the site where earlier a man injured several people in a knife attack in Munich, Germany, October 21, 2017 (Reuters Photo)

A man suspected of planning a Daesh-linked terrorist attack has been detained in the north German city of Schwerin, the Federal Prosecutor's Office said Tuesday.

Reports noted that the man is a 19-year-old Syrian national.

The man, identified only as Yamen A., was held at dawn by special forces in the northeastern town of Schwerin, suspected of having "prepared" the attack, the prosecutors said in a statement.

"According to the findings so far, Yamen A. made the decision no later than July 2017 to detonate an explosive device in Germany in order to kill and injure as many people as possible," the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter