Arrest warrants were issued Thursday for nearly 190 people over their suspected links to the Gülenist Terror Group (FETÖ), according to a judicial source.
The chief public prosecutors' office in western Izmir province issued arrest warrants for 96 people including 91 suspended soldiers with the Turkish Air Forces Command, the source said on the condition of anonymity due to restrictions on talking to media.
Police have so far arrested 65 suspects during simultaneous raids conducted across 15 provinces, the source said, adding the operations were continuing to detain the remaining suspects.
More arrest warrants were issued in the capital Ankara for 93 former employees of a FETÖ-linked school which was shut down after the defeated coup attempt on July 2016.
A police operation was underway to apprehend the suspects.
FETÖ and its U.S.-based leader Fetullah Gülen orchestrated the defeated coup on July 15, 2016, which left 250 people killed and nearly 2,200 injured.
Ankara also accuses FETÖ of being behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police, and judiciary.
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.