Israeli authorities have released eight Palestinians captured by army forces during a military onslaught on the Gaza Strip, the Palestinian Ministry of Prisoners' Affairs said Friday.
The ministry said in a statement that the eight Gazans had been released late Thursday.
Earlier this week, the ministry had put at 26 the number of Gazans captured by Israeli forces during its military offensive in the Gaza Strip.
At least 1962 Palestinians have been killed and more than 10,000 others injured in Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip since July 7, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry.
Thousands of homes in Gaza have also been destroyed over the same period.
At least 67 Israelis-64 soldiers and three civilians-have also been killed since Israel's offensive began on July 7.
A new five-day ceasefire between Palestinian factions and Israel went into effect on Thursday as part of efforts aimed at reaching a permanent truce deal.
Palestinian factions, however, have linked any permanent ceasefire to concessions by Israel, including the lifting of a years-long blockade on the Gaza Strip and allowing the establishment of a Gaza seaport, among other longstanding demands.
to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the
used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan
ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen