In a response to allegations made this week by Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) deputy Faysal Sarıyıldız that 30 wounded people were trapped in the basement of a building and could not receive an ambulance in the Cizre district of Şırnak province, the Şırnak governorate on Saturday released a written statement and denied the claims.
Underscoring that health services are being performed "meticulously and nonstop," the statement said 10 ambulances along with two other vehicles were sent to the address, but that no one showed up even after several hours of waiting. "All kinds of work has been carried out, yet no positive answer could be received from the alleged wounded," the statement further said.
The statement also stressed the conditions under which health personnel carry out their duties saying, "Even though booby-trapped barricades and ditches of the separatist terrorist organization and armed attacks against our ambulances and health personnel cause difficulties in health services, our health personnel perform their duty with great effort."
The PKK terrorist organization previously launched several offensives against health personnel and ambulances. The terrorists also attempted to entrap health personnel by faking ambulance calls. An ambulance driver was killed by the terrorist group in late September in Şırnak, after he was kidnapped on his way to collect wounded security personnel.
HDP Şırnak deputy Sarıyıldız, who was allegedly caught delivering arms to PKK terrorists, reportedly attempted to entrap security forces in Cizre earlier last week, claiming that "30 people have been wounded in the basement of a building and cannot reach an ambulance."
Health personnel asked Sarıyıldız for the location of the building and details regarding those supposedly trapped inside. However, Sarıyıldız reportedly hung up the phone saying, "This business is not for you to handle."
After receiving the address of the building, security forces accompanied health personnel to the location under suspicion that it was a ruse, since the area has seen heavy clashes with PKK terrorists. When the ambulance and security forces arrived, terrorists opened fire on the ambulance from the building, and the security forces' suspicions were realized.
A terrorist using the code name "Mamo," who reportedly set up all explosives in the district of Cizre, is among the wounded reportedly trapped inside the building. Along with Mamo, the district's self-styled PKK commander Mehmet Tunç, the managing editor of the PKK-affiliated Azadiya Welat daily, Rohat Aktaş, and the district's financial head are reportedly among other prominent figures inside the building.
to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the
used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan
ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen