Russia said Thursday that a number of Russian and Turkish military specialists had been killed in Syria, without providing any further details.
The Russian foreign ministry said in a statement that in mid-January, Russian and Turkish militaries made a new attempt to impose a cease-fire in Syria's Idlib de-escalation zone, but "terrorists ... ramped up their attacks."
"The number of dead and wounded among Syrian servicemen and civilians outside the de-escalation zone has grown into the hundreds. Russian and Turkish military specialists have died tragically," the statement said.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov declined to comment to journalists, referring all questions to the foreign and defense ministries. Russian foreign ministry spokespeople declined immediate comment.
"There has recently been a dangerous increase in tension and a surge of violence in Idlib," the Russian foreign ministry said in a statement on its website.
Russia continues to closely coordinate with Turkey and Iran on the ground in Syria, it added.
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.