American boxer Floyd Mayweather's blockbuster fight against Conor McGregor has pushed him back to the top of the Forbes list of best paid athletes for the fourth time in seven years. Mayweather, who goes by the nickname 'Money', earned $275 million from last year's fight against Irish Mixed Martial Arts champion McGregor.
The fight pushed Mayweather's career earnings to $1 billion, joining American basketball great Michael Jordan and golfer Tiger Woods as the only athletes to have reached 10-figures in earnings, Forbes said. Portuguese soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo slipped to third in the standings behind his Argentine rival Lionel Messi.
Brazil's Neymar, who became the world's most expensive soccer player after his $260 million move from Barcelona to Paris St Germain, was listed fifth. Swiss tennis great Roger Federer, basketball players LeBron James and Stephen Curry and National Football League quarterbacks Matt Ryan and Matthew Stafford rounded out the top 10 of the 100 wealthy athletes. There were no women in the list.
Top 10 (lists under athlete/nationality/sport/estimated earnings):
1. Floyd Mayweather (U.S.) Boxing $285 million
2. Lionel Messi (Argentina) Soccer $111 million
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) Soccer $108 million
4. Conor McGregor (Ireland) MMA $99 million
5. Neymar (Brazil) Soccer $90 million
6. LeBron James (U.S.) Basketball $85.5 million
7. Roger Federer (Switzerland) Tennis $77.2 million
8. Stephen Curry (U.S.) Basketball $76.9 million
9. Matt Ryan (U.S.) American football $67.3 million
10. Matthew Stafford (U.S.) American football $59.5 million
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.