Italian football giant, Juventus confirmed Wednesday that French midfielder Blaise Matuidi and Italian defender Daniele Rugani have recovered from the coronavirus after testing positive last month.
Rugani was the first Italian top-flight footballer diagnosed with the virus on March 11. World Cup winner Matuidi also tested positive for COVID-19 a few days later.
"Daniele Rugani and Blaise Matuidi underwent, as per protocol, a double check with diagnostic tests (swabs) for the coronavirus. The tests came back with negative results," the club said in a statement.
"The players have, therefore, recovered and are no longer subjected to the home isolation regime."
Juventus forward Paulo Dybala documented how he "struggled to breathe" after coming down with the virus on March 21, although the club did not provide an update on the Argentine.
Dybala had said he was doing better late last month after displaying "strong symptoms."
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.