PKK terror attack leaves a civilian dead and four injured in southeastern Turkey

DAILY SABAH
ISTANBUL
Published 16.11.2015 01:55
Updated 16.11.2015 02:06

An attack by PKK terrorists left one civilian dead and four others injured in Turkey's southeast late Sunday.

According to the security sources, PKK terrorists hurled a handmade explosive in a neighborhood in southeastern Mardin Province's Nusaybin town, killing a woman and injuring four, including two children.

Police identified the victim of the blast as Selamet Yeşilmen (45).

The security forces said that no clashes took place between the police and the terrorists before PKK attacked the civilians.

The injured civilians were immediately taken to the Nusaybin State Hospital with shrapnel wounds and are under treatment, local sources said.

Formed in 1978, the PKK terrorist organization had been fighting the Turkish government for an independent state until the early 2000's. The group then shifted its goal to autonomy in predominately Kurdish inhabited regions of Turkey.

The PKK announced on July 11 that the cease-fire which was declared via a message from the PKK's imprisoned leader Abdullah Öcalan in 2013 has ended.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter