A fire broke out in a hut in Turkey's southeastern Gaziantep province early Friday, killing father and his six children.
The fire broke out approximately at 03:30 a.m. in the hut, located at the outskirts of Gaziantep, where the family had been residing. Locals informed firefighters of the fire, who arrived at the scene and found the 56-year-old mother Naciye Bakır passed out right outside of the hut, who was later transferred to a nearby hospital for treatment.
When the fire was extinguished, bodies of 70-year-old father Mehmet Emin Bakır, and six children ages ranging between two and 12, were found inside the remains of the hut.
The Bakır family was making a living through collecting scrap and herding cattle in their land located at the outside Gaziantep city center.
The fire reportedly caused by a power inverter, or a candle, as the hut lacked connection to the power grid and a power generator was used to provide electricity.
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.