Turkish authorities said Sunday an eight-month long curfew imposed to fight PKK terrorists in southeastern Şırnak province will be "partially" lifted as of November 14.
The curfew in the area had begun on March 14 in an effort to cleanse it of PKK terrorists as well as to fill in trenches, remove barricades and destroy explosive traps, Şırnak Governor Ali İhsan Su said.
"The curfew will be lifted between 5.00 a.m. [0300GMT] and 10.00 p.m. [0700GMT] everyday as of Nov. 14," he added.
Su also said the damages to civilians caused by PKK attacks in the area would be compensated within a short time.
The PKK -- listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S., and EU -- resumed its decades-old armed campaign in July last year.
Since then, PKK terrorist attacks martyred more than 700 security personnel and also claimed the lives of many civilians, including women and children, while nearly 8,000 PKK terrorists were killed in army operations.
Erdoğan on Sunday said the PKK had so far killed 787 security personnel and 312 civilians as well as injuring over 4,000 security forces and more than 2,000 civilians since July 20, 2015.
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.