The Ministry of Health said in a statement late Wednesday that Chinese tourists, who were quarantined in central Aksaray province earlier this week over suspected coronavirus, are not infected with the disease and have been released from the hospital. Health Minister Fahrettin Koca said in a statement later in the day that none of the suspected cases turned out to involve an infection in hospitals around Turkey, namely Aksaray, Istanbul and Izmir.
The group that the tourists were with also included two Turkish drivers. They were not found to have been infected either. According to the Health Ministry's statement, the Chinese have left Istanbul on a Lufthansa flight.
The group of 12 people, 10 of whom are Chinese tourists, were put under quarantine in a hospital in Aksaray.