A total of 15,653 Turkish state employees have been dismissed for alleged links to illegal organizations on Tuesday, Turkey's official gazette said.
According to the official gazette, 7,586 police officers have been ousted from the Security General Directorate, while 403 people have also been dismissed from the Gendarmerie General Command.
A total of 1,259 personnel from the Land Forces Command, 391 from the Naval Forces Command, and 338 from the Air Force Command have also been ousted from the Turkish Armed Forces, the statutory decree said.
The official gazette revealed that 5,676 state employees were also dismissed from several ministries and other governmental organizations, on Tuesday.
This includes 2,696 employees from the Interior Ministry, 1,184 staffers from several universities, 752 employees from the Health Ministry, 453 from the Ministry of Finance, 131 from the Ministry of Family and Social Policy, 119 from the Ministry of National Education.
It also incorporates 94 staffers from the Directorate of Religious Affairs, 73 from the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources, 52 employees from the Ministry of Environment and Forestry, 45 from the Turkish Radio and Television Association, 23 from the Ministry of Defense, 15 from the High Council of Judges and Prosecutors (HSYK), 14 from the Directorate of Disaster and Emergency Management (AFAD), 13 employees from the Ministry of Youth and Sports, 11 staffers from the Ministry of Culture and Tourism and one from the Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency.
At least 375 NGOs and nine press organizations have also been shut down Tuesday.
According to the decree, 155 people who were previously dismissed from public institutions and organizations, have been reinstated on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the Security General Directorate announced that 112 police chiefs, 79 senior police officers were pensioned off, while 487 chiefs of police, 292 security chiefs, 486 chief inspectors, police commissioners and deputy police chiefs were promoted.
The measures taken Tuesday were under state-of-emergency legislation and the institutions were closed to protect security and the public order, the statement added.
Justice Minister Bekir Bozdağ said on Tuesday that legal action has been taken against a total of 92,607 FETÖ suspects, while 36,951 FETÖ-linked suspects have been arrested.
Turkey declared a state of emergency after the deadly July 15 coup attempt, which killed 248 people and injured nearly 2,200 others.
Arrest warrants issued for air force staff
Warrants were issued early Tuesday for 60 Turkish Air Force staff, including pilots, in a counterterror investigation, a security source said. Twenty-five of the suspects were later detained by Konya's Organized Crime Department teams, in operations that took place in 19 provinces, Anadolu Agency was told by the source, who asked not to be named due to restrictions on talking to the media.
The suspects are allegedly linked to FETÖ in an investigation launched by Konya's chief public prosecutor. An operation to arrest the other suspects is underway, the source added.