UN chief Ban Ki-Moon condemns 'appaling' attacks in France, Tunisia and Kuwait

DAILY SABAH WITH AFP
ISTANBUL
Published 26.06.2015 20:04
Updated 26.06.2015 20:06
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon speaks during a prayer service for earthquake victims in Haiti, on Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2010 in New York (AP)
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon speaks during a prayer service for earthquake victims in Haiti, on Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2010 in New York (AP)

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon has strongly condemned the 'appalling' attacks on Friday in France, Kuwait and Tunisia that killed at least 44 people so far and said those responsible should face justice.

One person was decapitated in southeastern France while in Tunisia gunmen killed at least 28 people at a beach resort, while 25 people died in a suicide bombing claimed by the self-proclaimed Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in Kuwait.

Ban condemned "in the strongest terms the terrorist attacks in Tunisia, Kuwait and France today," said a statement from his spokesman.

"Those responsible for these appalling acts of violence must be swiftly brought to justice."

Ban vowed that the "heinous attacks" will not weaken international resolve to fight terror but rather strengthen the commitment to defeat "those bent on murder, destruction and the annihilation of human development and culture."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter