A mosque in southwestern Germany's Baden-Wurttemberg was attacked on Friday. This was the second attack against the mosque in two weeks, according to an official.
In the early hours of New Year's Day, Fatih Mosque in the town of Sontheim came under attack that caused material damage, said Ali Özdemir, the chairman of the mosque’s foundation.
The window and a wooden bank outside the mosque, run by the Turkish-Muslim umbrella group DITIB, were broken, Özdemir said.
"In the last two weeks, this has been the second attack on our mosque," he said, adding that the community of the mosque and foundation's members were worried.
He said the police have launched an investigation into the attack.
Earlier in another act of vandalism, a cross was drawn on the wall of the mosque.
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.