Two Azerbaijani soldiers were wounded and three Armenian troops lost their lives in renewed border clashes between the two countries in the Kalbajar region.
In a statement released early Wednesday, the Azerbaijani military said that on July 28 from about 12:50 a.m. "Armenian armed forces units from the combat positions located in various directions in the territory of the Basarkechar region using small arms and grenade launchers have once again subjected to fire the positions of the Azerbaijan Army in the territory of the Kalbajar region."
Soldiers Aliyev Sadig Nizami and Imranli Imran Dilgam were wounded in the shelling, the statement said. "The servicemen were provided with urgent medical assistance. There is no danger to their lives."
"We reaffirm that Armenia bears full responsibility for the escalation of tensions along the state border between the two countries," the statement added.
The Armenian Defense Ministry, on the other hand, stated that: “As a result of armed action launched following an attack by Azerbaijani forces, there are three dead and two wounded from the Armenian side.”
During a 44-day conflict last year, which ended in a truce on Nov. 10, 2020, Azerbaijan liberated several cities and nearly 300 settlements and villages in Nagorno-Karabakh from Armenia's illegal occupation.
On Nov. 10, the two countries signed a Russia-brokered deal to end fighting and work toward a comprehensive solution
Please click to read our informative text prepared pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 and to get information about the cookies used on our website in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu uyarınca hazırlanmış aydınlatma metnimizi okumak ve sitemizde ilgili mevzuata uygun olarak kullanılan çerezlerle ilgili bilgi almak için lütfen tıklayınız.